Memory care is a specific form of long-term care which the purpose of meeting certain needs of a person with Alzheimer's disease, dementia, or other types of memory issues. In regard to finding the right memory care community for your loved one, these communities offer a variety of services and costs, which you may have questions about.
So as you create a list of your top choices, it is important to commit some time into touring each one. Asking questions of staff and other families whose loved ones live in the community is the best way to determine if it is the right fit for your loved one.
The following are several important questions to ask before placing your loved one in memory care:
- What level of care does the community offer?
- What type of training has the staff obtained?
- What is the ratio of staff to residents during the day and night?
- What is the monthly rate for housing and care? What kind of services does the rate include?
- What level of personal assistance can residents expect from staff?
- Are rooms private or semi-private? Is the price difference for each?
- What programs, such as exercise and social activities, does the facility provide?
- How safe is the community?
- What is the policy in the event of medical emergencies?
- What meals are provided? Are we able to make special dietary requests?
- Does the facility accommodate special care needs?
- How often are housekeeping and laundry service provided?
- How does staff communicate with families about a resident’s wellbeing?
- What is the discharge policy?
Mount Carmel Assisted Living has been operating for nearly three decades caring for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and related memory loss diseases. Our Hampton Alzheimer’s care facility offers our residents a safe, loving environment which is designed to feel like home with comfortable living spaces and sunny gardens. Our residents have immediate access to certified caregivers and nurses twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.
For more information about our philosophy of care at our Hampton assisted living facility, contact us at (770) 824-3385.